Thursday, January 28, 2016

Today's the Day

These are some pics you can find when you Google Rabat.

Hey everyone! So this is going to be my blog for the semester while I am in Rabat, Morocco. I am going through SIT's Morocco: Field Studies and New Media program where I will be learning all about journalism in the field. The part that really excites me is that for the last five weeks of my study abroad I will get to complete an independent study project in journalism (basically a really long feature that I get to choose what it's about.)

So, there is a really cool program, but why else? Well, the MJD (Media Studies and Digital Arts aka my major, and the best major at SMC) professors are pretty persuasive when it comes to studying outside your comfort zone and going someplace you may never get the chance to go again.

During my time abroad I will be mainly staying in Rabat with a host family. I will get to learn more about the culture and Arabic while I am in the home. We will also have excursions going to different cities and towns around Morocco.

This is the first semester in a long time that you won't have to keep up by checking the SMCRFC Women's social media (though they will kick ass this semester too)! So, I will hopefully be posting often on the blog, but check my other various social media to see what's going on too.

Instagram and Twitter: mhughes_9513

To get in contact with me I won't be using my phone, so don't beep me, call me if you want to reach me. Instead try FB messenger or email mhughes3@mail.smcvt.edu. Or if you want to go really old school:

Mail can be sent to:

Madeline Hughes
Center for Cross-Cultural Learning
PO Box 6291
Rabat Instituts
Rabat 10101
Morocco

Packages (Please look at the guidelines http://www.fedex.com/ma/shippingguide/importguidelines/)

Madeline Hughes
CCCL c/o Abdelkarim Taek
Avenue Laalou, Derb Jirari
Zankat Elhassani, #11
Rabat Medina
Morocco 10000

No comments:

Post a Comment